So, here is your chance to win a Kindle 2, and just in time for the holiday season. It's the gift that keeps on givin. Like the jelly of the month club.
Anyway, just head on over to bibliofreakblog and find out how to enter.
Smooches and good luck!
Monday, November 30, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
And I don't mean midgets. I'm more of a pygmy lover myself, but I digress.
Woo hoo! My first award! Aww....you shouldn't have, but if you try to take it back I'll bite you.
Much love to my girl Claire at Ramblings of a Book Bitch
*edited to add* Thanks also to my sweet girl Tigris at Tigris Eden Smooches!
The rules are easy. You have to list 10 honest things about yourself and then pass it on to 10 other honest bloggers.
Hehehe, you might want to brace yourself. I'm feeling a little too honest tonight ;)
1) I luuuurve spicy food. I mean, I want to be sweating, panting, nose running and eyes watering. And then.....I want to do it again.
2) I happen to be bi-polar. It's a pain in the ass at times, but I honestly don't know how I'd see myself without it. I am very annoyed, though, by the way it is handled and displayed in movies, t.v. and books lately. It seems to be popular to have the token bi-polar person lately and it's starting to piss my shit off. Don't mess with me, I'm currently off my meds.....
3) My favorite drink is a margarita. On the rocks. With salt. Ahhh.....heaven.
4) I used to get a brazilian bikini wax. The woman who did it and I used to joke and laugh like crazy while she was working on me. We'd be discussing music, marriage, and exchanging stories while I was on my hands and knees with my a....well you get the picture. I used to always tell her that if my gyno had a sense of humor I wouldn't mind going so much, lol
5) I rode horses for years and at one point had ambitions to make a career out of it. My life took a different path, but those were some crazy days....
6) I kinda like girls. Not enough to be gay, per se, but probably more than I should ;)
7) I love Prince. I was never a huge Michael Jackson fan. He was very talented, but as Keri Stevens on Twitter says, "Prince is an itty bitty purple god." Well said, sister. Well said.
8) I think I truly got into my love of erotica through Ellora's Cave. My love for menage and m/m truly....um...blossomed there. :P
9) My favorite color is blue. Bet ya thought it was pink, lol
10) I secretly long to be a published author one day. For now it's just a nebulous dream, but maybe someday it will be more...
Well, hope you enjoyed your bit of trivia experience.
Now it's time to pass on the fun!
Here's my list of 10 bloggers I want to award this to:
Jamie at Teflon Panties
Jo Jo at JoJosBookCorner
K.C. at smokinhotbooks
Tasha at Heidenkinds's Hideaway
Mandi at smexybooks
The Vixen at Fiction Vixen
Donna at fantasy dreamer's ramblings
My girl at Kindle Vixen
Wendy! at The Book Lush
Larissa at Welcome to Larissa's Life
Have fun ladies. I know I did ;)
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Ok, peeps. I think we've had a deluge of awesome music videos out recently and I just can't pick a fave. I guess it kinda depends on my mood, but I'm apparently in a dark and twisty mixed with extremely flamboyant mood. Plus, I want something that makes me wanna shake my money maker. So here are some of my pics for the best. What do you think? Which is the best? Or do you prefer something else entirely?
First up we have Lady Gaga and Bad Romance. Dramatic, dirty and over the top. Need I say more?
Next up is Rihanna and Russian Roulette. Dark, angsty and full of symbolism. What are your thoughts on this one?
For our third contestant, I give you the woman whose hips don't lie. Sexy Shakira herself. I just love how she got in touch with her animal side in this one. Could be a great song for some of my fave PR or UF books out there, no?
Last up, I give you the Queen of reinventing herself. I think Madonna did a great job with this vid and the song just makes me wanna shake it, baby ;)
Hope you enjoy.
Woo hoo! Success, she is sweet! Like that model's ass in the smut button. Seriously, am I the only one who wants to smack that? And that dude? Yum. Wanna sink my teeth into that.
So, it looks like comments are up and running. Not sure that I'm loving the set up and I think there are still some kinks to be worked out, but I feel ridiculously accomplished right now. Like I cracked Fort Knox accomplished. ::sigh:: Sad, I know. Thanks to all my peeps who helped me out. Bad news for you, I'm gonna be hittin you up for help now for everything. Bwahahaha! Betcha wish you'd left me to drown in the sea of code, don't ya? But seriously, I love you guys. You've helped me on my maiden voyage more than I can say. And I mean, come on, who didn't have kinks on their maiden voyage? Look at the Titanic....wait....not a good example. Well, alls I can say is... I am like Pierre the Fighter Pilot. When I go down, I go down in flames. ;)
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Heh, maybe I should like the fact that I can talk at you, but you can't talk back. Sadly, I've never been one for one sided relationships. You know, unless it's like a really hawt guy who worships the ground I walk on and I make him my slave, but I'm totally mean to him...ahem...anyway. I think all this code crap has finally sent me over the edge. ::sobs::
OK, why did that sound wrong? Anywho, let's try this one more time, with feeling.
Ok, I'm testing the new layout. Trying to get all the kinks out. Hehehe....anyway, back to the subject at hand. Since you all know I'm such a techno savvy bitch ::cough cough:: if there's a prob just let me know on Twitter and I'll be all over it, like stink on a monkey......
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Whew, this blogging business is thirsty work. All these choices and layout and making words. I'm beat. Guess I should have some Red Bull to pick me up. Probably should add a little Jagger to calm my nerves. See, who said you shouldn't mix your uppers and your downers?
So, I promise I'll have something interesting to say next time. Right now, I'm seriously locked in a battle of wills with my blog layout. I shall emerge victorious or die trying. See you on the other side peeps and pimps.
Blogger! Sheesh. What did you think I meant? Minds out of the gutter people.
So, this is my maiden voyage as it were. Wow, I'm really running away with the sweet virgin metaphors. Fear not my lovelies, that won't happen much in the future.
My first blog post. I feel like I should commemorate the moment. Hmm....it's 5:00 somewhere.
Anyway, just a little heads up, this blog is probably going to be a bit bi-polar (much like it's author) but hey, I'll strive to make it a fun ride.
We'll talk about books that strike my fancy and social issues, but mostly you're just going to be forced to listen to the inner workings of my dark and twisty mind. Muahahaha! Sorry, the power, it's going to my head.
Alright my loves, I am officially in business. Lord help us all.....