Sunday, April 18, 2010

Announcement

So, I wanted to let you all know that I've joined the Amazon Affiliate Program.
Basically, if you buy a book through the link I give you, I will receive a portion of the sale.

Now, why did I decide to do this? Honestly, I link to Amazon in a lot of my reviews anyway and I go through the work of doing that so it makes sense to me to give myself the opportunity to earn some money doing something I already was doing for free. Now, do I insist that you buy everything I link to? Nope. I link to books that I gave good reviews and books that I give bad reviews. The reason being that just because I didn't care for a book doesn't mean I shouldn't give you the opportunity to get it and decide for yourself. I did this before I became an affiliate and I will continue to do so after. If you like a book I showcase and want to get it through my link, awesome. If not, that's cool, too. If you'd rather get it from your own bookseller or the library, it's all good. I'm not turning into a salesman on this blog. I'm merely offering links. Whatever you decide to do is all good with me. I'm only mentioning becoming part of the program because I want to be honest with everyone who reads my blog and I don't want anyone to think that I'm trying to secretly sell them something.

At this time, I am only affiliated with Amazon so if I provide any other links to book sellers or any other sellers, it is just a link to show you where you can purchase a book or product I've discussed and to give you guys more options on where to purchase things if you so desire.

So, to sum up, basically nothing has really changed except that if anyone uses my Amazon links to make a purchase I receive a percentage. I already link to Amazon in the past so nothing is new there. I will often link to other sellers like e-book pubs or B&N to give you more options, though I don't promise to do so in every review as sometimes I'm short on time or Amazon has a book listed that B&N hasn't listed yet (don't get me started on how B&N takes forever to list some things. Grrr).

If you have any questions or concerns just let me know.

Thanks

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats!!!! I hope you make a lot of money through this. I'm glad you decided to do it!!

The Queen B said...

Well, I'm not really figuring I'm going to get rich.
Thanks though. :P

 
That's QUEEN Bitch To You © 2007 Template feito por Áurea R.C.